Saturday, August 21, 2010

Does anyone know of any Salons in the need of a braider?

I am a student, trying to make some extra cash this summer. I live in the Bronx , NY and I am trying to find a good salon that is in need of a hair braider. I am really good, and I can do box braids, tree braids, cornrows, twist (natural and with extensions) and much more. I braid in school during the school year, but I need to find a place to braid, during the summer. I can send pics, if needed.Does anyone know of any Salons in the need of a braider?
Kene, first you need to find out if your state requires braiders to be licensed cosmetologists. If you dont work with any chemicals at all, it might be ok. If so, then you should call around to your local salons and see if they are in need of someone with your skills. In the meantime, I would get together a portfolio of some photos of your work, so you can show perspective employers a sample of your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment