Thursday, August 5, 2010

Going to Esthetician school (part of beauty school) in October. Supposed to visit spas/salons and introduce?

I'm going to a beauty school in October, and my admissions director wants me to go to some salons/spas and introduce myself and ask about their business, and tell them when I'll be licensed and available. Is this a common thing? What do i say when I go to these future potential employers? Should I just wait until I am licensed, or is opening up communication before then idea?





I need help with this, I've never heard of doing this.Going to Esthetician school (part of beauty school) in October. Supposed to visit spas/salons and introduce?
This is common. I'm not an esthetician but at one time I had my own day spa. Massage schools and Esthetician schools did send people over to experience it firsthand, to pick up brochures and business cards and to bring a receipt if they had at least 1 treatment.





It is normal and ok to go into a spa and ask to speak to the director or other esthetician. It allows you to network, gets you some help from seasoned workers, and shows you what it's like in the ';real world'; outside of your school.





What you say, ';Hi, I'm training to be an esthetician. I was just wondering if I could ask you a few questions?';


1. How long did it take you to build up your clientele?


2. How long have you been an esthetician?


3. What products do you use?


4. What is the age-range of most of your clients?


5. What is sought out more, facials or waxing?


6. How do you market toward men?





Just get creative...have a list and walk into your nearest spa or salon.Going to Esthetician school (part of beauty school) in October. Supposed to visit spas/salons and introduce?
IF I WERE U I'D WAIT UNTIL UR LICENSED

No comments:

Post a Comment